We are a new group of private sector led group of retailers and companies planning an £1million investment in additional promotion and marketing campaigns, enhanced safety initiatives, bigger and better events along with improvements that will make Burnley a cleaner, greener and a better place to shop, work and spend leisure time.
“Our plan to create a modern, vibrant and connected town centre for all”
A message from the the Burnley BID Team
“Our aspirations for the BID are to promote all areas of Burnley town centre. Working together to improve marketing, events, transport, cleansing and security. Creating a more vibrant and diverse shopping experience for all – from independent traders to large scale retail organisations, we should all benefit from increased visitors in the town.”
- The ballot papers for the BID are being posted out on the 24th October 2019 and need to be returned to Electoral Reform Services by the 21st November, with the result of the ballot being planned for announcement on the 22nd
- If approved the BID will begin on the 1st April 2020 for a five-year period.
- All premises with a rateable value above £12,000 are included in the plan for a BID. Voluntary membership is available for any premises with a rateable value below £12,000.
“The BID has the potential to have an incredibly positive impact on Burnley town centre. Primark came to Burnley because we saw the town’s potential for growth and having grown up here, I know there remains many more opportunities on the horizon for the town centre. The BID will be essential in enabling the business community to maximise these opportunities and create an exciting and vibrant retail and leisure destination to be proud of ”
Dan Hunt – Primark Store Manager
|Unit 67, The Mall, (next door to Greggs on Lower Mall), Burnley Town Centre; BB11 1BA||28th October 2019||12pm – 1pm|
|Unit 67, The Mall, (next door to Greggs on Lower Mall), Burnley Town Centre; BB11 1BA||28th October 2019||4pm – 5pm|
|Unit 67, The Mall, (next door to Greggs on Lower Mall), Burnley Town Centre; BB11 1BA||4th November 2019||4pm – 5pm|
|Unit 67, The Mall, (next door to Greggs on Lower Mall), Burnley Town Centre; BB11 1BA||11th November 2019||12pm – 1pm|
|Unit 67, The Mall, (next door to Greggs on Lower Mall), Burnley Town Centre; BB11 1BA||11th November 2019||4pm – 5pm|
To book onto one of the BID briefing sessions email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, company/organisation name, contact number and address.
To arrange a 1-2-1 visit / phone call from one of the BID team to learn more about the proposal for a Business Improvement District email email@example.com detailing your name, business name.
Business feedback during the development of the BID has consistently highlighted:
- Poor perception from consumers about the town centre.
- No joined up marketing of the town centre.
- Significant challenges with anti-social behaviour.
- A demand for more and different events to attract new consumers into the town.
- A lack of independent businesses.
- Limited proactive communications and sharing of information about the town centre.
- Image enhancements on the routeways into the town.
- Transport improvements and better car parking solutions are needed.
How we have consulted with business during the development of the BID:
- 350 pieces of feedback.
- Engagement with more than 200 premises.
- Establishment of a business led steering group.
- Engagement via letter, email and face to face visits.
- Consultation workshops in the town centre.
“ As an independent small business, I have been impressed by the potential for growth in Burnley. I am always striving to improve my own business, and the BID will offer great opportunities for businesses across the town to benefit from a better promoted and more vibrant town centre. The BID has my 100% support ”
Russell Curwen – Quick Crepes (St.James Street)