This is our town and if we don’t report issues then nothing will change. Let’s all work together to make Burnley town centre a better place.


An active community radio network operates in the town centre providing an immediate communication channel between other businesses, the police and Charter Walk security throughout the town centre. This is useful for non-emergency information sharing about live incidents and individuals of concern.

If you are not on the scheme and would like to know then please contact us and we will come and see you and or send more information. 


All Burnley BID Levy Payers and Associate Members are encouraged to sign up to DISC to report and share intelligence and details of all incidents and suspects in the town centre. This information helps us build a better picture of the issues we all face and builds up a database of the offenders so that we can all be on our guard. It also gives the option of escalating an incident to a crime report with the Police if needed. 

Once registered, it is important that all incidents are promptly reported via the DISC App to build an accurate record of issues and target regular offenders who can be banned from town centre business premises.

The system allows GDPR compliant sharing of information about incidents in the town centre, including photos of the people involved. It also administers a banning system to ban regular known offenders from the premises of all member businesses.

If you do witness anything in the town centre, then please upload it DISC for others to see.

DISC can also be used to report public realm issues including fly tipping, graffiti and issues with Highways or Street Lighting. These reports will be passed to the relevant authority for attention.


If you are reporting a crime that is in progress or if someone is in immediate danger. For example:

  • a serious offence is in progress or has just been committed
  • someone is in immediate danger or harm
  • property is in danger of being damaged
  • a serious disruption to the public is likely

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use the textphone service 18000 or text them on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergency SMS service. 

There are also Silent 999 calls – If you are in danger but you cannot talk on the phone or you have a or speech impairment on, you should still call 999, then follow these instructions.

Call 999 from a mobile – If you do not speak or answer a question, press 55 when promoted and your call will be transferred to the police. Pressing 55 only works on mobile and does not allow the police to track your location. If you do not press 55 your call will be ended.

Call 999 from a landline – If you do not speak and the operator can only hear background noise, they will transfer your call to the police. If you replace the handset, the landline may remain connected for 45 seconds in case you pick it up again. Calling 999 from the landline automatically gives the police information about your location.


    To ensure accurate crime statistics for the town centre, it is important that all non-urgent crimes are still reported as soon as possible after the incident has happened. There are three ways to submit your crime report.

    • Phone the Police on 101

    This is the number to call when you want to contact your local police – when it is less urgent than 999. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This service can be used to report any non-emergency crimes. If you have a hearing or speech impairment, you can also use their textphone service on 18001 101

    • Submit a direct crime report via the DISC App (see details above)
    • Report online – If you want to avoid wait times or you have a hearing and or speech impairment there is also an online service for reporting, please see the link https://doitonline.lancashire.police.uk/


    There are things that you can report online, and your report will be dealt with by the control room in the same way whether you report it online or call 101.

    • make a non-emergency crime or incident report
    • contact a member of staff
    • report lost or found property
    • digital submissions of road traffic incidents
    • make a complaint or to say thanks

    If you are contacting the police about any of the following. All of this can be reported online.

    • Fraud, a scam or cybercrime
    • Burglary, theft, damaged property, assault, or another incident
    • A road traffic incident
    • Antisocial behaviour
    • Domestic abuse
    • Rape, sexual assault or another sexual offence
    • Stalking or harassment
    • Hate crime
    • Spiking
    • A missing person
    • Possible terrorist activity or something related to terrorism
    • Ask for an update on something you have already reported or update a crime report


    Contact the police if you are experiencing any of the following issues:

    • Drug dealing
    • Alcohol-fuelled crime/violence
    • Criminal damage
    • Gang-related activities
    • Assault
    • Prostitution or kerb-crawling
    • Stolen property
    • Hate crime incidents
    • Use of imitation weapons, such as BB guns, in public areas


    There are various anti-social behaviour issues where the police may not be the most appropriate point of contact.

    • Aggressive begging
    • Vehicle nuisance
    • Noise nuisance
    • Neighbour nuisance
    • Graffiti, vandalism, fly-tipping and littering
    • Dog related anti-social behaviour and fouling

    They can be contact on 01282 425011 or you do this by completing their online form via the link



    The Love Clean Streets smartphone app is the fastest way to report street cleansing, fly-tipping, graffiti, litter, overflowing bins, issues in parks, road or path defects and other highways problems. The app can be downloaded via the link below or reports can be made via the website.



    Trading Standards use the information you give them to investigate unfair trading and illegal business activity, like rogue traders and scams. Trading Standards can take businesses to court or stop them operating, but they will not help you fix your problem – for example, they cannot help you get a refund.

    • sale of age-restricted goods
    • unsafe or dangerous, like an electronic appliance with faulty wiring or food past its use-by date
    • fake
    • not as described – for example, you bought a package holiday, but something advertised was not included
    • you did not want to buy – for example, they put pressure on you

    You can also tell them about a business if:

    • they defrauded you – for example, you paid for something online that you did not receive, and you couldn’t contact the seller
    • they tried to stop you using your legal rights – for example, they said you cannot return faulty goods
    • they were not clear about the price or added on extra costs – for example, they advertised theatre ticket prices without booking fees
    • they sold products to people who looked underage without asking for ID – for example, alcohol, knives or fireworks
    • they did not conduct work properly – for example, kitchen fitters left your home in a dangerous state

    They can be contact on 0345 404 0506


    Contact the Fire Service on 999 in case of immediate danger, but the council can also investigate and take action.


    Call the UK Anti-Terrorism Hotline on 0800 789 321 if you’ve seen or heard something that you think could suggest terrorist activity.


    People often say that they feel helpless and desperate and that the experience of anti-social behaviour has had a serious impact on their quality of life. LVS are there to support anyone struggling with the effects of anti-social behaviour. They provide emotional support, guidance, and practical help so people can move forward with their life, regardless of whether or not it has been reported to police. Help is free and confidential, call them on: 0300 323 0085 (lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or email [email protected]


    You can also report anti-social behaviour, crime, or suspicious activity to CrimeStoppers, an independent charity working to help communities. Anything reported to CrimeStoppers is in complete confidence and you will remain anonymous. To contact them please call 0800 555 111 or visit their website to report online. https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/give-information-anonymously

     A copy of our reporting leaflet can be downloaded here.

    Some of the described anti-social behaviours are criminal offences, such as criminal damage or drug dealing, which can result in arrest and prosecution. Please ensure that you report it!

    If you have any questions or to register your business email [email protected]

    To sign up to Disc and the town centre radio email [email protected]